Blast Belly Fat with this Fast Workout
When it comes to the sex appeal muscle, the abdominals are currently holding the top spot. Everyone wants to craft the perfect six-pack to show off regardless of gender or age. With beach season approaching fast, have you achieved your goal of a lean and ripped midsection? If you’re still not there, then it’s not too late.
Let’s take a look at one of the best ways to blast belly fat, build muscle, and develop a stomach that gets attention no matter where you go.
WHY CHOOSE H.I.I.T.?
High Intensity Interval Training is a method of working out that has been getting a lot of attention. Even science has taken a liking to H.I.I.T.
When compared to traditional, moderate intensity workouts, H.I.I.T. has been shown in several studies to provide the following benefits:
- Increases fat metabolism
- Using fat for energy as opposed to carbohydrate
- Boosts EPOC levels
- This is your body’s ability to keep burning calories AFTER you finish working out
- Supports muscle building WHILE you burn fat
- You can expend more energy from fat while promoting lean muscle tissue growth
- Boosts your cardiovascular health
- Reduces the risk for high blood pressure and cholesterol (1-3)
SIX-PACK H.I.I.T. WORKOUT
Here is a comprehensive H.I.I.T.-based core workout that will leave you walking away feeling accomplished. Just a few things to remember:
- Complete ALL of the repetitions for one core movement before moving on to the next one
- Go quickly but do so with perfect form
- Once you finish all of the exercises, take a 2 to 3 minute rest break then begin again
- Perform all of the exercises 2 to 4 times
- High Knees: 30
- Crunches: 25
- Leg Lifts: 20
- Russian Twists: 30
- Mountain Climbers: 40
- Superman: 25
- Burpees: 10
BEST SUPPLEMENTS FOR CORE FAT LOSS
If you want to speed up your progress, supplementing your diet might not be a bad idea. Here are a few suggestions that have been shown to support fat burning.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- In one study, subjects using ALA experienced a significant reduction in weight, far more than their placebo counterparts. (4)
- Recommended dose: 200 to 300 mg
- Green Tea Extract
- It’s great for fighting free radicals and supporting your cardiovascular health but green tea is also a powerful fat burner as demonstrated in several studies. (5)
- Recommended dose: 300 to 400 mg
- Guarana Extract
- A popular herbal supplement, Guarana has been shown to increase your metabolic rate, suppress appetite, and boost energy levels. (6)
- Recommended dose: 200 to 300 mg
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
High Intensity Interval Training is one of the most efficient ways to increase fat burning while building muscle. What’s more, you’ll even notice an improvement in all other areas of fitness such as endurance and power. Stick to the workout above for the next 4 to 6 weeks and watch your waist shrink.
Have you ever used H.I.I.T. to achieve a fitness goal? Tell us about your experience below!
- Perry CG, Heigenhauser GJ, Bonen A, Spriet LL. High-intensity aerobic interval training increases fat and carbohydrate metabolic capacities in human skeletal muscle. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2008 Dec;33(6):1112-23.
- Skelly LE, Andrews PC, Gillen JB, Martin BJ, Percival ME, Gibala MJ. High-intensity interval exercise induces 24-h energy expenditure similar to traditional endurance exercise despite reduced time commitment. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2014 Jul;39(7):845-8. doi: 10.1139/apnm-2013-0562. Epub 2014 Feb 6.
- Jelleyman, C., Yates, T., O'Donovan, G., Gray, L. J., King, J. A., Khunti, K. and Davies, M. J. (2015), The effects of high-intensity interval training on glucose regulation and insulin resistance: a meta-analysis. Obesity Reviews, 16: 942–961. doi: 10.1111/obr.12317
- Koh EH, Lee WJ, Lee SA, Kim EH, Cho EH, Jeong E, Kim DW, Kim MS, Park JY, Park KG, Lee HJ, Lee IK, Lim S, Jang HC, Lee KH, Lee KU. Effects of alpha-lipoic Acid on body weight in obese subjects. Am J Med. 2011 Jan;124(1):85.e1-8. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2010.08.005.
- Venables MC, Hulston CJ, Cox HR, Jeukendrup AE. Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation, and glucose tolerance in healthy humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Mar;87(3):778-84.
- Kennedy DO, Haskell CF, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB. Improved cognitive performance in human volunteers following administration of guarana (Paullinia cupana) extract: comparison and interaction with Panax ginseng. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004 Nov;79(3):401-11.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.