Want a Great Butt? 3 Best Butt Exercises
While guys may focus on bulking up their arms and defining their midsection, it’s safe to say that most girls want a great butt. Whether you want to fill out your jeans or you want to show off at your next day at the beach, a terrific butt is a necessary asset. If you think that being born with a great butt is the only way to have one, think again! Exercise is the best way to build and sculpt your backside. Let’s take a look at the top 3 exercises that help you build the butt you want!
Sounds easy, right? You do it every day so how hard can this be?
The Step-Up is an upgraded version of simply walking up a set of steps. You’ll get a higher range of motion, which will help to activate the glutes and get you that butt that you want.
- Stand in front of a stepping box / platform.
- Before stepping up, keep your chest up and tighten your core.
- You can choose to place your hands on your hips or, if you want an added challenge, hold a pair of light dumbbells.
- Bring your right foot up and place it on the stepping platform.
- Focusing all of the tension in your right leg, step all the way up.
- Don’t let your left foot touch the box.
- Slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Finish all repetitions then switch to the left side.
Check out this video of how to perform the Step-Up here.
- Explosive Lunge
Also known as the Alternating Jumping Lunge, this move is as intense as it sounds. When performed correctly, you’ll be activating several key muscle groups that will help to build and lift your butt including:
- Hip Flexors
Here’s how to perform the movement:
- First, stand tall with your chest up and your core braced.
- Next, step forward with your right leg, keeping the left foot on the ground.
- Bend at the left knee but do not let it touch the ground.
- Place your hands on your hips or above your head.
- Kick off the ground.
- In mid air, switch your legs so that you land with your left foot in front and your right foot behind.
- Repeat this back and forth jumping pattern.
Check out this video of how to perform the Explosive Lunge here.
Considered the king of all exercises, the squat is the perfect move to perform if you want to get a fantastic butt. It’s a compound movement, which means it’s hitting several major muscle groups at the same time. One of the muscles that the squat really focuses on is your glutes! If you want to guarantee you build a great butt, this is the exercise to be doing (along with the other two above.
- First, stand with your feet shoulder width a part. The ideal working stance may vary from person to person so play around with your foot stance. Some of you may need to go wider and some may be okay with a shoulder width stance. Just remember to slightly turn the toes out.
- Keep your chest up and be sure to tighten your core.
- Breathe in as you bend at the knees while simultaneously driving your hips back. Imagine that you’re sitting in a chair.
- Once your upper thighs come to parallel, pause and feel the contraction throughout your legs and butt.
- Return to the starting position and begin again.
Check out this video of how to perform the Squat here.
Tell Us What You Think!
What exercises do you like to do to maintain your butt?
Let us know in the comments below!